How Mission: Lifeline® Helps You as a Receiving Hospital
Receiving hospitals are a cornerstone in the treatment of heart attack victims. Mission: Lifeline helps hospitals create systems that result in immediate and effective treatment of high-risk patients by:
- Reducing emergency department response time using American Heart Association tools to streamline processes
- Implementing training in order to shorten first medical contact-to-device time to 90 minutes or less
- Establishing proven guidelines and best practices for systems of care through the approved Mission: Lifeline ACS national registry program, ACTION Registry®-GWTG™
Public recognition raises awareness of the need for effective cardiac systems of care as well as the lifesaving efforts of specific hospital teams.
- The American Heart Association provides recognition kits to award-winning organizations. Recognition kits include materials your organization can use to promote your Mission: Lifeline award in your community.
- Gold and silver award winners are honored at national conferences and in a congratulatory ad in the "Best Hospitals" edition of U.S. News & World Report.
The American Heart Association has partnered with the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (formerly Society of Chest Pain Centers) to offer accreditation to Mission: Lifeline hospitals. A Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center STEMI Accreditation identifies hospitals that meet treatment criteria. Accreditation denotes the highest level of care. Hospitals that earn accreditation have the unique opportunity to display the Heart-Check mark, a symbol millions of Americans know and trust. Learn more about Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center STEMI Accreditation here.
Get Started Today
You are eligible to participate no matter where you are located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Request more information about Mission: Lifeline by completing this questionnaire.
- Contact your local American Heart Association representative.
- Discover how you can gain recognition here.
- Visit the Referring Hospitals resources page to learn more about protocols and best practices.
- Join the Mission: Lifeline Network to connect with other participating organizations.