Position Announcement: Hospital Accreditation Specialist – Dallas, TX
What's your motivation? Opportunity? Creativity? Contribution? It's all part of working for the American Heart Association---where you can combine professional growth with personal fulfillment. So if you're considering a new and rewarding career, consider the American Heart Association. We have an excellent opportunity for a Hospital Accreditation Specialist in our National Center office in Dallas, TX.
The Hospital Accreditation Specialist will be responsible to assist the Manager of Hospital Accreditation to define, create, implement and evaluate the hospital accreditation business model. Under supervision of the Manager of Hospital Accreditation, the Specialist will assist with the development, production, delivery and continued evaluation of the hospital accreditation business model and subsequent standards, policies and protocols. The manager will facilitate meaningful volunteer partnerships by providing timely direction, framework and resources to facilitate their expertise, abilities and willingness to advance the goals of the hospital accreditation program.
Major Responsibilities Include:
1. As directed by the Manager of Hospital Accreditation, will assist with the development and execution of the AHA/ASA hospital accreditation business model.
2. Plan, organize and manage hospital accreditation activities as directed by the Manager, including facilitation of committees, creation of documents, production of reports, etc.
3. Actively engages with external and internal (AHA/ASA national and field staff) partners, serving as a resource to all. Provides guidance and training on operational model/standards of hospital accreditation. Coordinates meetings, educational workshops and telephone/web conferences.
4. Assists with development and execution of program specific marketing and communication plans to drive program growth and position for success. Identifies potential partners to help drive marketing objectives.
5. Professionally represents AHA Healthcare Quality & IT in internal and external meetings.
6. Assists with fiscal responsibilities, including budget development, revenue and sales projections, management and reporting.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Hospital Accreditation and/or Vice President of Quality and Health IT.
Required Qualifications Include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Health, Marketing, Healthcare or related field
2. At least three years experience involving structured project management
3. Strong analytical, organizational, and communication (verbal and written) skills necessary.
4. Clinical experience in a hospital setting such as quality management or coordination for hospital service lines (including cardiovascular, stroke or case management) a plus.
5. Experience with Joint Commission survey preparation a plus.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact and partner with individuals at various levels both internal and external to the organization.
7. Ability to interact and communicate with customers, to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and information.
8. Familiarity with general business principles and practices.
9. Organized, detail oriented, capable of working independently to manage multiple projects and priorities.
10. Ability to interact and communicate with customers, to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts and information.
11. Experience with PC office automation tools, including the advanced features of MS Office Professional Suite.
12. Ability to travel occasionally, including possible nights and weekends, up to 25% of the time.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
To apply for this position or to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association please visit www.heart.org/careers. We no longer accept mailed, faxed or e-mailed resumes. Please apply for positions directly through our website. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
The American Heart Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and works to prohibit discrimination and to assure fair and uniform treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of Human Resources administration without regard to political or religious opinions or affiliations, membership or non-membership in employee organizations, age, sex, disability, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or any other non-merit factor.
- Get With The Guidelines®-HF Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Patient Management Tool
- Target: HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Patient Management Tool
- Target: Stroke
Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Overview
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Patient Management Tool
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Join Us!
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Clinical Tools
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Research
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Professional Education
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation