Participating in Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Hospitals is the first level of recognition. It acknowledges program participation and entry of baseline data into the Patient Management Tool*. View the Get With The Guidelines Participating Hospital application and award permission form.
- Stroke Bronze: Stroke Bronze with Target Stroke Optional_2015
- Stroke Silver: Stroke Silver with Silver Plus and Target Stroke Optional_2015
- Stroke Gold: Stroke Gold with Gold Plus and Target Stroke Optional_2015
- Bronze recognizes performance of 90 consecutive days.
- Silver recognizes performance of 12 consecutive months
- Gold recognizes performance of 24 consecutive months or more.
- IV rt-PA arrive by 2 hour, treat by 3 hour: Percent of acute ischemic stroke patients who arrive at the hospital within 120 minutes (2 hours) of time last known well and for whom IV t-PA was initiated at this hospital within 180 minutes (3 hours) of time last known well.
- Early antithrombotics: Percent of patients with ischemic stroke or TIA who receive antithrombotic therapy by the end of hospital day two.
- VTE prophylaxis: Percent of patients with ischemic stroke, hemorrhagic stroke, or stroke not otherwise specified who receive VTE prophylaxis the day of or the day after hospital admission.
- Antithrombotics: Percent of patients with an ischemic stroke or TIA prescribed antithrombotic therapy at discharge.
- Anticoag for AFib/Aflutter: Percent of patients with an ischemic stroke or TIA with atrial fibrillation/flutter discharged on anticoagulation therapy
- Smoking cessation: Percent of patients with ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, or TIA with a history of smoking cigarettes, who are, or whose caregivers are, given smoking cessation advice or counseling during hospital stay.
- LDL 100 or ND - Statin: Percent of ischemic stroke or TIA patients with LDL ≥ 100, or LDL not measured, or on cholesterol-reducer prior to admission who are discharged on statin medication
To qualify for an Achievement Award, a hospital must:
- Achieve Participating Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Hospital Status
- Demonstration compliance in the 7 Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Achievement Measures in at least 85 percent of all eligible patients. This must be documented in a written application.
- Complete application for the Bronze, Silver, or Gold awards.
- Baseline data is not to be included in the demonstrated time frame of adherence
- Once a hospital has been recognized with a Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Silver Achievement Award, it is no longer eligible for the Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Bronze Award.
- Recognition criteria is subject to change based on program enhancements.
*The Patient Management Tool™ is provided by Quintiles.
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll: Time to thrombolytic therapy within 60 minutes in 50 percent or more of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA (current criteria and same volume thresholds).
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite: Time to thrombolytic therapy within 60 minutes in 75 percent or more of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA (current criteria and same volume thresholds).
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll-Elite Plus: Time to thrombolytic therapy within 60 minutes in 75 percent or more of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA AND door-to-needle time within 45 minutes in 50 percent of acute ischemic stroke patients treated with IV tPA (current criteria and same volume thresholds).
Access Target: Stroke Phase II Honor Roll Application information here.
Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0 Launch
On December 9, one representative at each participating Get With the Guidelines-Stroke hospital received an email with online survey link to complete the Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0. The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association greatly values each Target: Stroke participating hospital’s input and the commitment to improving stroke care and outcomes. If you are planning to apply for Target: Stroke Honor Roll, Honor Roll Elite or Honor Roll Elite Plus after January 1, 2015 you must complete the online Target: Stroke Phase II Survey 2.0 prior to submitting application for approval. Please contact Mary Paulsen at Mary.Paulsen@heart.org with any questions.