Dr. Paul Dudley White was one of the founding members of the association. He was President Eisenhower’s personal physician, and guided the president’s recovery from a heart attack in 1955. Dr. White’s vision helped the association emerge as a world renowned leader in heart research and education. To recognize his distinguished achievements and honor those who share his vision, the Paul Dudley White Legacy Society was formed.
To help show our gratitude, members of the society enjoy benefits such as:
- A distinctive pin to show their commitment to the association
- Certificate of appreciation and recognition
- 10% discount at shopheart.org, the online store for the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- An alliance with others who share their compassionate vision for improving the health for their families and friends
- You have the ability to honor a loved one through the Paul Dudley White Legacy Society
For more details request our Legacy Society Brochure.
To become a member, let us know that you've made an estate gift to the American Heart Association by contacting your Local Charitable Estate Planning Representative, completing the online Legacy Society Form, or by completing and mailing in the printable Legacy Society Form (PDF).
If you haven’t made a gift yet, and are interested in making one. Please read more about the different types of gifts you can make to leave your legacy, while providing for the future.
These gifts currently make up 15 percent of our annual budget, and since 1956 we’ve received about $2.75 billion from testamentary sources that have helped the association, countless scientists, medical professionals, dedicated volunteers, and supporters help save and improve lives all around the world.