|The Price of Inactivity|
As adult and childhood obesity levels rise, so does the impact on our nation's health.
| American Heart Association Recommendations|
Read the American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity.
| Physical activity improves quality of life|
Learn why physical activity improves your quality of life.
| Get Moving: Easy Tips to Get Active! |
Discover great ways to get started, even if you've never exercised before.
| Getting Started - Tips for Long-term Success|
Plan for success by starting well.
| Resources to get you moving|
Visit our resources for kids and older adults.
Healthy Diet Goals
- Suggested Servings from Each Food Group
- Dictionary of Nutrition
- The American Heart Association's Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Sodium (Salt or Sodium Chloride)
- Heart-Check Mark
- Nutrition Quizzes
- Nutrition Education Handouts and Resources
- Industry Nutrition Advisory Panel (INAP)
- INAP: Featured Members
- Grocery Shopping
- Reading Food Nutrition Labels
- Heart-Check Food Certification Program
- Grocery List Builder
- Que nuestro corazón sea su guía
- Heart-Check Mark Nutrition Requirements
- Simple Cooking with Heart Home Page
- Healthier Preparation Methods for Cooking
- Healthy Snacking
- Smart Substitutions
- Heart-Healthy Grilling and Barbecue Tips
- Delicious Decisions: Cookbooks and Recipes from American Heart Association
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Soups, Salads and Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Desserts and Sweets
- Heart-Check Meal Certification Program (Foodservice)
- Choosing a Restaurant
- Deciphering the Menu
- Ordering Your Meal
- Eating Fast Food
- Dining Out Tips by Cuisine