Universal Marinade and Grilled or Roasted Meat and Vegetables
If Grilling Meat or Vegetables
- Prepare grill to high-heat. Grill meat to desired doneness (5-10 minutes per side). Let meat rest for 10 minutes to let juices redistribute before serving.
- Grill vegetables, turning frequently until browned and crisp-tender (5-8 minutes).
- Serve meat with vegetables.
If Roasting Meat or Vegetables in Oven
- Mix and match 3-4 of the vegetables listed (whatever is in-season and/or on-sale) to make a total of about 4 cups.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place meat in 9x13 inch casserole dish. Cook for 20 minutes. Flip meat.
- Spread vegetables evenly across a cookie sheet. Bake in oven with meat for another 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven, let stand. Turn oven to low-broil and broil vegetables 3 minutes or until browned.
TIP: Go Vegetarian for a night and serve roasted vegetables over brown rice.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- 37 mg
- 360 mg
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- 27 g
1 vegetable, 3 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Try this tangy Asian twist on your next salad.
This American Southwest salad is a terrific lunch or dinner option ...
Try this red wine vinaigrette on your next salad.
Foods like olive oil, low fat feta cheese, dark leafy greens, beans...
This Zucchini Salad has a Greek slant to it as it includes lemon, o...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Simple Cooking with Heart teaches you how quick it is to chop oregano.
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop or mince garl...
Here's a great tip on how to chop fresh basil.
Using a knife correctly is one of the most important cooking skills...