Universal Marinade and Grilled or Roasted Meat and Vegetables
If Grilling Meat or Vegetables
- Prepare grill to high-heat. Grill meat to desired doneness (5-10 minutes per side). Let meat rest for 10 minutes to let juices redistribute before serving.
- Grill vegetables, turning frequently until browned and crisp-tender (5-8 minutes).
- Serve meat with vegetables.
If Roasting Meat or Vegetables in Oven
- Mix and match 3-4 of the vegetables listed (whatever is in-season and/or on-sale) to make a total of about 4 cups.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place meat in 9x13 inch casserole dish. Cook for 20 minutes. Flip meat.
- Spread vegetables evenly across a cookie sheet. Bake in oven with meat for another 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from oven, let stand. Turn oven to low-broil and broil vegetables 3 minutes or until browned.
TIP: Go Vegetarian for a night and serve roasted vegetables over brown rice.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- 37 mg
- 360 mg
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 3 g
- Added Sugars
- 0 g
- 27 g
1 vegetable, 3 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.