Trout with Skillet-Roasted Peppers
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the peppers for 4 to 6 minutes, or until beginning to richly brown on the edges, stirring frequently.
- Gently stir in the tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes, or until soft, stirring gently and frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir in the garlic, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Sprinkle the pepper, paprika, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over both sides of the fish. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a platter.
- To serve, squeeze 4 lime wedges over the fish. Spoon the poblano mixture on top. Serve with the remaining lime wedges to squeeze over the poblano mixture if desired.
3 ounces fish and 1/3 cup pepper mixture per serving
Squeezing lime wedges over both the fish and the topping “lifts” and defines the flavors of the various ingredients.
If you aren’t a true lime lover, though, you may want to skip the second spritzing.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 4.0 g
- 67 mg
- 332 mg
- 6 g
- 1 g
- 3 g
- 24 g
1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Face the Fats campaign.
© 2009 by the American Heart Association