Three Sisters Soup
- Bring chicken stock to a slow boil.
- Add corn/hominy, beans, onion and celery.Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add sage leaves, curry and pumpkin and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
- Chicken and Green Bean Salad
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Mom’s Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash and Asparagus
- One-Pot Tuna Casserole with Green Beans and Almonds
- Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Three Sister Soup
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 0 mg
- 87 mg
- 542 mg
- 28 g
- 10 g
- 9 g
- 58 mg
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Check out this great simple, Native American, vegetable soup w...
This Mexican chicken soup recipe is a spicy twist on an old classic.
Here is a great comfort food recipe for you! Sauerbraten is a Germa...
This one-pot Dominican meal can be on the table in less than a...
This Native American recipe has a kick to it because it features tw...
This Mediterranean Hummus recipe is a great, heart healthy snack ma...
Here is a tasty salad from the Middle East featuring cucumbers, oni...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to cook heart-healthy...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how easy it is to shuck corn.
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop celery with ...
A quick and easy way to chop an onion.
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...