Salmon or Chicken Kebabs with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce
Directions Total Time: 40 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and zest. Add salmon or chicken and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- To make tzatziki sauce, stir together yogurt, lemon juice and zest, dill, oregano, cucumber, honey and pepper.
- Toss vegetables in remaining olive oil and assemble each skewer with 3 pieces of salmon, alternating between vegetables.
- Heat grill-pan or sauté pan. Over medium heat, add skewers to pan, cover loosely with foil. You may have to cook in two batches of 4 skewers. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of tzatziki sauce.
Safety Tips: If using wooden skewers be sure to soak the skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes prior to grilling to make sure they don’t burn.
Get the Kids Involved: Assembling skewers and making tzatziki sauce are safe and fun steps to involve kids in the cooking process.
Cook Once, Eat Twice: Double the chicken and use the left-overs to make Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad.
Nutritional info in table for salmon.
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Trans Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Total Sugars 5 g
Protein 31 g
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 5.0 g
- 53 mg
- 112 mg
- 7 g
- 1 g
- 5 g
- 30 g
1 starch, 3 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
This recipe combines a delicious seasoning that's perfect with our ...
Travel to the islands with this recipe. Kids can help make them and...
This recipe is a healthy twist on a kid favorite! It is a simple ye...
This easy-to-bake fish recipe features just a few ingredients, shor...
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
Get gourmet stir-fry in your own kitchen.
Simple Cooking with Heart teaches you how quick it is to chop oregano.
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
A quick and easy way to chop an onion.
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this video teaching you how to bel...
Using a knife correctly is one of the most important cooking skills...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you to trim chicken (remove ex...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...