Red Beans and Rice with Corn on the Cob
Directions Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Red Beans and Rice
- Cook rice to package directions.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, seasoning and pepper. Cook until heated through, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice to bean mixture.
Corn on the Cob
- Removing the husks, pull off the silky threads, and cut out any blemishes with a pointed knife
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn, cover and cook 5 minutes. Drain and cut into halves, if desired.
- Season to taste with butter substitute spray or soft margarine and pepper
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 0 mg
- 29 mg
- 83 g
- 8 g
- 11 g
- 15 g
5 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Put an Asian spin on traditional coleslaw.
Serve this black bean salad chilled as a great side salad to a meal.
There’s no doubt that your family will run to the kitchen whe...
Try this jazzed up version of your basic grilled cheese sandwich!
This is a colorful, festive and flavorful vegetarian dish that...
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
This American Southwest salad is a terrific lunch or dinner option ...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how easy it is to shuck corn.
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn a simple tip on chopping ...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop or mince garl...
Fiber-rich whole grains contain all three parts of the natural grai...
A quick and easy way to chop an onion.
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to cook heart-healthy...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...