Red Beans and Rice with Corn on the Cob
Directions Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Red Beans and Rice
- Cook rice to package directions.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, seasoning and pepper. Cook until heated through, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice to bean mixture.
Corn on the Cob
- Removing the husks, pull off the silky threads, and cut out any blemishes with a pointed knife
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the corn, cover and cook 5 minutes. Drain and cut into halves, if desired.
- Season to taste with butter substitute spray or soft margarine and pepper
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 0 mg
- 29 mg
- 83 g
- 8 g
- 11 g
- 15 g
5 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Put an Asian spin on traditional coleslaw.
Serve this black bean salad chilled as a great side salad to a meal.
There’s no doubt that your family will run to the kitchen whe...
Try this jazzed up version of your basic grilled cheese sandwich!
This is a colorful, festive and flavorful vegetarian dish that...
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
This American Southwest salad is a terrific lunch or dinner option ...
Find out how easy it is to shuck corn in this video from American H...
Learn a simple tip on chopping up green onions in this video from A...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Learn how to chop or mince garlic with these quick tips in this vid...
Fiber-rich whole grains contain all three parts of the natural grai...
Learn a quick and easy way to chop an onion in this video from Amer...
Learn how to cook heart-healthy meals using raw beans in this video...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...