Quick Chicken Fajitas, Beans and Spanish Rice
Quick Chicken Fajitas
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high and add chicken, cook for 3 minutes until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and add soy sauce, bell pepper, onions, pepper and cumin. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon evenly over tortillas and top with sliced avocado, salsa and/or sour cream (optional).
Beans and Rice
- Spray a small pot with cooking spray, heat beans over low-heat until warmed, stirring occasionally (approx. 10 minutes).
- Combine cooked rice with 2 tablespoons salsa and stir.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Sour Cream/Plain Yogurt
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada with Avocado Cream
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- Kid-Friendly Chicken Enchiladas with Black Beans and Corn
- Apple and Walnut Chicken Salad with Green Salad
- Bacon Mushroom Mac and Cheese
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Gazpacho
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Casserole with Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach
- One-Pot Tuna Casserole with Green Beans and Almonds
- Salmon or Chicken Kabobs with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce
- Tandoori Spiced Halibut with Steamed Vegetables
- Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad
- Quick Chicken Chili
- Quick Chicken Fajitas with Black Beans & Spanish Rice
- Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice
- Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Green Bean Casserole
- Zucchini Salad
- Creamy Ginger Salad Dressing
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 0.7 g
- 8 mg
- 207 mg
- 263 mg
- 5.5 g
- 1.5 g
- 5.5 g
- 129 mg
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
This Mexican chicken soup recipe is a spicy twist on an old classic.
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
This one-pot Dominican meal can be on the table in less than a...
This quick Mexican recipe is fresh, delicious and simple to make!
Foods like olive oil, low fat feta cheese, dark leafy greens, beans...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to cook heart-healthy...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Fiber-rich whole grains contain all three parts of the natural grai...
Simple Cooking with Heart teaches you how to chop cilantro at home.
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you to trim chicken (remove ex...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to dice tomatoes.