Quick Chicken Fajitas, Beans and Spanish Rice
Quick Chicken Fajitas
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high and add chicken, cook for 3 minutes until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and add soy sauce, bell pepper, onions, pepper and cumin. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon evenly over tortillas and top with sliced avocado, salsa and/or sour cream (optional).
Beans and Rice
- Spray a small pot with cooking spray, heat beans over low-heat until warmed, stirring occasionally (approx. 10 minutes).
- Combine cooked rice with 2 tablespoons salsa and stir.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Sour Cream/Plain Yogurt
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada with Avocado Cream
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- Kid-Friendly Chicken Enchiladas with Black Beans and Corn
- Apple and Walnut Chicken Salad with Green Salad
- Bacon Mushroom Mac and Cheese
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Gazpacho
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Casserole with Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach
- One-Pot Tuna Casserole with Green Beans and Almonds
- Salmon or Chicken Kabobs with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce
- Tandoori Spiced Halibut with Steamed Vegetables
- Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad
- Quick Chicken Chili
- Quick Chicken Fajitas with Black Beans & Spanish Rice
- Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice
- Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Green Bean Casserole
- Zucchini Salad
- Creamy Ginger Salad Dressing
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 73 mg
- 287 mg
- 1058 mg
- 62 g
- 10 g
- Added Sugars
- 0 g
- 36 g
- 95 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.