Pot Roast Ratatouille and Pasta - Delicious Decisions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a Dutch oven with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle the roast with the seasoning blend and pepper.
- Heat the Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the roast for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the pasta.
- Bake, covered, for about 2 hours, or until the roast is very tender when tested with a fork.
- Shortly before the roast is done, prepare the pasta using the package directions, omitting the salt. Drain well in a colander.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing very thinly across the grain, then slicing into thin strips. Discard the bay leaf from the sauce.
- Spoon the pasta onto plates. Arrange the roast slices on the pasta. Top with the sauce.
For maximum tenderness, don’t overcook eye-of-round roast, and be sure to cut it into thin strips.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 36 mg
- 55 mg
- 31 g
- 6 g
- 7 g
- 24 g
1½ starch, 2 vegetable, 2½ very lean meat
This recipe is reprinted with permission from The New American Heart Association Cookbook, Eighth Edition, Copyright © 2010 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.