Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place over a baking sheet.
- Cut chicken in to 8 pieces (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks).
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and egg, whisk well.
- In a separate shallow dish combine flour, paprika and pepper, stir well.
- One piece at a time, dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour and place on baking wrack.
- Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray and bake 30 minutes, turn chicken and bake 20 minutes more until center reaches a safe temperature of 165 degrees. (Optional: If you prefer darker brown ?crisply? chicken, turn on the oven?s broiler for the last 2 minutes but keep an eye on the tenders so they don?t burn!)
- After chicken is done, keep oven at 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges on cookie sheet so none overlap and coat lightly with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Sprinkle herb mixture over potatoes and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and bake 15 minutes more until wedges pierce easily with a fork.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
- Crockpot Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Caribbean Pink Beans
- Chicken Paella
- Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
- Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Simple Persian Salad
- Zucchini Salad
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- 167 mg
- 209 mg
- 1418 mg
- 43 g
- 4 g
- 2.0 g
- Added Sugars
- 0 g
- 55 g
- 73 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.