Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place over a baking sheet.
- Cut chicken in to 8 pieces (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks).
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and egg, whisk well.
- In a separate shallow dish combine flour, paprika and pepper, stir well.
- One piece at a time, dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour and place on baking wrack.
- Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray and bake 30 minutes, turn chicken and bake 20 minutes more until center reaches a safe temperature of 165 degrees. (Optional: If you prefer darker brown ?crisply? chicken, turn on the oven?s broiler for the last 2 minutes but keep an eye on the tenders so they don?t burn!)
- After chicken is done, keep oven at 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges on cookie sheet so none overlap and coat lightly with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, pepper and parsley.
- Sprinkle herb mixture over potatoes and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir and bake 15 minutes more until wedges pierce easily with a fork.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
- Crockpot Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Caribbean Pink Beans
- Chicken Paella
- Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
- Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Simple Persian Salad
- Zucchini Salad
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- 167 mg
- 209 mg
- 1418 mg
- 43 g
- 4 g
- 55 g
- 73 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
This recipe is a healthy twist on a kid favorite! It is a simple ye...
Follow this traditional pork chop recipe to whip up a delicious din...
This is a great recipe to ease you into the kitchen, or a reliable ...
Satisfy your craving for something crunchy with this baked chicken ...
Try this special dish featuring the spices of Morocco!
Check out this recipe featuring the ultimate American comfort food.
Learn how to cut a whole chicken into 8 pieces.
Simple Cooking with Heart gives you these tips on slicing potatoes ...
Using a knife correctly is one of the most important cooking skills...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how easy it is to shuck corn.
Simple Cooking with Heart will show you how to cut broccoli and use...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...