Mexican Chicken Soup
Directions Total Time: 35 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- Drain beans and corn in colander, rinse, set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeno; cook 5-7 minutes, stirring often until vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cumin and cook another minute.
- Add broth to saucepan, increase heat to high, and bring to rapid simmer. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 min. Stir in beans, corn, tomato and cilantro, cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, top with extra cilantro leaves (optional) and serve hot.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Asian Marinated Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada with Avocado Cream
- Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Cucumber
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Texas Caviar
- Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Quick Chicken Chili
- Pollo Guisado
- Pico de Gallo Grilled Chicken Salad
- Blackened Fish with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa
- Black Bean Soup Caribbean Pink Beans
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 5..0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- 73 mg
- 204 mg
- 27 g
- 8 g
- 6 g
- 33 g
1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Check out this great simple, Native American, vegetable soup w...
This recipe is a yummy twist on traditional chili, switching in chi...
This is a great recipe to ease you into the kitchen, or a reliable ...
You will love this Mexican recipe because it's simple to make, it's...
Enjoy a rainbow of colorful veggies in the classic Italian lasagna ...
Here's a tangy twist on a traditional chicken dish. This barbecue g...
Here is a quick, hearty, American, no-cook bean dish that takes adv...
Canned beans are good pantry staples, but there are many benef...
Simple Cooking with Heart gives you quick tips on how to cut a...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop or mince garl...
Using a knife correctly is one of the most important cooking skills...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to cook heart-healthy...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to dice tomatoes.