Green Bean Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine green beans, soup, sour cream and pepper. Stir until well mixed and bake for 20 minutes.
- While casserole bakes, spread out onion sticks and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour over onion pieces, tossing to coat equally.
- Spray a medium-large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until crisply, stirring occasionally.
- Remove casserole from oven, add ½ onions and stir well.
- Top with remaining half and return to oven, bake 5 minutes more.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Sour Cream/Plain Yogurt
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada with Avocado Cream
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- Kid-Friendly Chicken Enchiladas with Black Beans and Corn
- Apple and Walnut Chicken Salad with Green Salad
- Bacon Mushroom Mac and Cheese
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Gazpacho
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Creamy Chicken-Broccoli Casserole with Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach
- One-Pot Tuna Casserole with Green Beans and Almonds
- Salmon or Chicken Kabobs with Creamy Tzatziki Sauce
- Tandoori Spiced Halibut with Steamed Vegetables
- Zippy Southwest Chicken Fajita Salad
- Quick Chicken Chili
- Quick Chicken Fajitas with Black Beans & Spanish Rice
- Tandoori Chicken with Brown Rice
- Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Green Bean Casserole
- Zucchini Salad
- Creamy Ginger Salad Dressing
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 4 mg
- 138 mg
- 401 mg
- 12 g
- 2 g
- 3.2 g
- Added Sugars
- 0 g
- 3 g
- 80 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.