Greek-Style Chicken with Lemon-Pistachio Rice - Delicious Decisions
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In an 8-inch glass or metal baking dish, stir together the broth, rice, spinach, tomatoes, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pistachios, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 tablespoon dillweed, cinnamon, and pepper. Push the mixture to the side.
- Add the chicken breasts. Spoon a small amount of the rice mixture over them. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together the yogurt and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- To serve, spoon the yogurt mixture over the chicken, rice, and vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining pistachios. Garnish with oregano, dillweed, and lemon zest.
Serving size 3 ounces chicken and about 1 cup rice and vegetables
Cook's Tip: If you’re freezing this dish, delay making the yogurt sauce. Prepare it shortly before serving the reheated dish.
<< Go back to Delicious Decisions Home
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 67 mg
- 207 mg
- 32 g
- 6 g
- 8 g
- 37 g
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association One-Dish Meals, Copyright © 2003 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.