Baked Cajun Catfish and Easy Collard Greens
Baked Cajun Catfish
- In a shallow bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, cayenne, paprika and thyme.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Coat fish fillets in seasoning mixture and place in baking dish, pour any remaining seasoning mixture over the fish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, until fish flakes with a fork.
- Prepare the greens: Wash the greens and blot lightly with paper towel.
- Remove stems from larger leaves by stripping the leaf off from either side of the step (it is okay to leave the stems on the tender inner leaves).
- Stack 8 leaves together, roll up, and slice in to 1-inch sections.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent (3 minutes, stirring occasionally).
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add, sugar, red pepper, greens, vinegar, water and Canadian bacon.
- Cover and cook until tender (20 minutes).
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders w/Homemade Potato Chips
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken or Pork
- Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
- Baked Cajun Catfish & Easy Collard Greens
- Asian Cole Slaw
- Mediterranean Salad
- Tangy Asian Salad Dressing
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 3.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 5.5 g
- 69 mg
- 235 mg
- 602 mg
- 7 g
- 4 g
- 1.6 g
- Added Sugars
- 1 g
- 22 g
- 120 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.