Baked Cajun Catfish and Easy Collard Greens
Baked Cajun Catfish
- In a shallow bowl, combine oil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, cayenne, paprika and thyme.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Coat fish fillets in seasoning mixture and place in baking dish, pour any remaining seasoning mixture over the fish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, until fish flakes with a fork.
- Prepare the greens: Wash the greens and blot lightly with paper towel.
- Remove stems from larger leaves by stripping the leaf off from either side of the step (it is okay to leave the stems on the tender inner leaves).
- Stack 8 leaves together, roll up, and slice in to 1-inch sections.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent (3 minutes, stirring occasionally).
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add, sugar, red pepper, greens, vinegar, water and Canadian bacon.
- Cover and cook until tender (20 minutes).
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders w/Homemade Potato Chips
- Crockpot Lean BBQ Beef with Homemade Sauce and Sweet Potato Salad
- Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken or Pork
- Pan-Fried Pork Chop with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
- Baked Cajun Catfish & Easy Collard Greens
- Asian Cole Slaw
- Mediterranean Salad
- Tangy Asian Salad Dressing
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 3.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 5.5 g
- 69 mg
- 235 mg
- 602 mg
- 7 g
- 4 g
- 1.6 g
- Added Sugars
- 1 g
- 22 g
- 120 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
This easy-to-bake fish recipe features just a few ingredients, shor...
This recipe combines a delicious seasoning that's perfect with our ...
This is an ideal shove-in-the-oven dinner that's on the table in 30...
This recipe is a healthy twist on a kid favorite! It is a simple ye...
Get gourmet stir-fry in your own kitchen.
Here's a tangy twist on a traditional chicken dish. This barbecue g...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to prepare collard gr...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop cabbage into ...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how easy it is to shuck corn.
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...
Using a knife correctly is one of the most important cooking skills...
Simple Cooking with Heart will show you how to cut broccoli and use...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...