Are you challenged to keep up with the growing array of heart-healthy foods available to your clients/patients? Do you find they’re too busy to compare food labels and want you to name products that should fill their shopping carts? Whether you’re in private practice, cardiac rehab or a hospital, let the American Heart Association Heart-Check mark be your guide.
Ninety percent of Americans want to improve their health, according to a 2012 American Heart Association survey. A registered dietitian or health professional and the association’s Heart-Check mark on the label of hundreds of foods nationwide can help.
The Heart-Check mark is a powerful aide for teaching and motivating your clients/patients to make better food choices. This toolkit helps make using the mark easier with valuable resources and practical tools to use in your practice. Together, we can put your clients/patients on the path to healthier hearts, leading to a better quality of life.
This toolkit features:
- Heart-Check: What’s in it for your clients/patients and you
- Reasons to make Heart-Check a part of your practice
- Hallmarks of a credible front-of-package food labeling program
- How a food becomes certified
- The path to Heart-Check certification
- Heart-Check nutrition requirements
- Non-certifiable products
- Keeping Heart-Check nutrition requirements relevant
- Using the Heart-Check mark with clients/patients
- Getting practical with the Heart-Check mark
- My Action Plan for Heart Health
- Start Eating Better with the Heart-Check Mark
- Shopping for Heart-healthy Foods Made Easy
- Fun, Easy and Delicious Ways to Eat More Fruits and Vegetables
- Quick and Easy Cooking Methods
- Quick and Easy Meals