Wondering what’s the big fuss about whole grains? Science has the answer. Including whole grains in your diet is a great way to clean your arteries of fats, and they keep you feeling full so you avoid over eating.
You might have heard that a diet high in fruits and vegetables will help you become healthier. Whole grains can also help you get there. So try adding whole grains to your diet, it’s not a fad, it’s science.
Studies* show that eating whole grains instead of refined grains lowers the risk of:
- Stroke by 30 percent to 36 percent
- type 2 diabetes by 21 percent to 30 percent
- heart disease by 25 percent to 28 percent
- Helps you maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce risk of asthma
- Helps you have healthier carotid arteries.
- Reduces risk of inflammatory disease.
- Decreases risk for colorectal cancer.
- Helps you achieve a healthy blood pressure.
- Also decreases gum disease and tooth loss.
||Don’t fall victim to the
killer of Americans, you can prevent heart disease, start by visiting heart.org/healthyliving for additional resources.|