1 12 pound fresh or frozen turkey, thawed
2 tablespoons dried salt free Italian herb blend
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup carrots (or 2 carrots), roughly chopped
2-3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
1 small onion, roughly chopped
3 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tablespoon dried)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoon dried)
3 cloves garlic, crushed (or 3 teaspoon chopped garlic in jar)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place turkey on cutting board and with a pair of kitchen shears, cut away any loose or hanging skin around neck cavity of turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Loosen turkey skin away from meat by inserting hand between meat and skin and gently pushing down. Pull wing tips up and back and tuck under turkey.
- Mix together dried herbs and oil. Rub mixture on turkey breast and drumsticks, underneath the skin. Sprinkle pepper over entire turkey.
- Fill turkey cavity with carrots, onion celery, herbs and garlic. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Spray a roasting pan and roasting rack with cooking spray and place turkey, breast side up, on roasting rack. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325°F and loosely cover turkey with foil. Cook for another 1 hour and 45 minutes. Turkey is done when internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165° F; it is possible that a total bake time of up to about 3 ½ hours may be necessary to reach 165° F.
- Remove from oven and baste turkey by spooning juices from bottom of dish over meat. Let turkey sit for 15 minutes at room temperature covered in foil before slicing. Baste 2-3 times during this 15-minute resting period. Before cutting and serving, remove skin and any visible fat from turkey.
1 whole butternut squash, peeled and diced into bite size cubes
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oiI
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and the squash. Toss together well making sure all squash is coated evenly.
- Pour out onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, until squash is fork tender.
1 pound fresh asparagus, bottom 2 inches removed
2 teaspoons garlic (2 clove) or from jar, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or from jar)
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Toss asparagus, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper directly on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, until asparagus is tender, but still has a crisp bite.
|Total Fat||5.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Cholesterol ||95 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Protein ||36 g|