About $3.12 per serving
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, visible fat removed
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pound chicken to even thinness (about 1 inch).
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, place over medium heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and squeeze juice of ½ the lemon over the chicken.
- Sprinkle pepper, parsley and oregano over the chicken.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes on each side
Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
1 small sweet potato, cut in to 1-inch cubes (peeled or unpeeled)
½ cup baby carrots, cut in to 1-inch pieces
1 small turnip, cut in to 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon light tub margarine
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine vegetables in a medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil to coat.
- Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir vegetables and bake an additional 20 minutes until vegetables are tender (pierce easily with a fork) and are lightly browned.
- Return vegetables to mixing bowl and add margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Toss until margarine is melted and vegetables are coated with cinnamon and sugar.
|Total Fat||7.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4.0 g|
|Cholesterol ||73 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Added Sugars||1 g|
|Protein ||25 g|
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
Crockpot Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes
Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
Caribbean Pink Beans
Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
Chunky Marinara with Pasta & Seared Chicken
Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
Simple Persian Salad
Asian Marinated Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Chicken Pot Pie
Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
Mom’s Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash and Asparagus
Orange Glazed Turkey with Potatoes and Carrots
Simple Chicken or Shrimp Stir Fry
Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
Orange Glazed Turkey with Potatoes & Carrots
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.