DescriptionMakes 4 servings
About $2.16 per serving
Baked Chicken Breast
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (4 ounces each), visible fat removed
1/3 cup fat-free Italian or Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Trim visible fat from chicken (optional – pound to even thickness)
- Place chicken breast halves in baking dish, spoon half of the dressing evenly over the chicken. Flip chicken with a fork and spread remaining dressing evenly over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
TIP: Allow the chicken to stand at least 10 minutes before you slice it so the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
3 medium squash (any combination of zucchini or yellow squash)
1 small tomato
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons water
- Wash squash and tomato, remove ends of squash with a knife. Slice squash in ¼ inch thick slices. Dice tomato.
- Add water to a microwave-safe covered dish. Add squash and tomato and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Microwave covered on high 5-7 minutes until vegetables reach desired softness.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat ||1.0 g|
|Sodium ||403 mg|
Dietary Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.