About $2.39 per serving
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, visible fat removed, cut in to 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped and lightly mashed in a bowl with a fork (save the juices!)
1 small can green peas, no salt added
1 teaspoon garlic, minced from jar
½ teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon saffron or 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric
1 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups long grain brown rice, prepared to package instructions
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, add chicken and cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add oil, bell peppers and onions to skillet – stir well and cook 5 minutes until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add tomatoes, peas, garlic, parsley and saffron or Turmeric. Stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- Reduce to medium low-heat, add broth and chicken, stir well and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add rice, mix well and heat until warmed through.
If you like Chinese fried rice you’ll love this Spanish version!
|Total Fat||5.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||1.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Cholesterol ||48 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
|Protein ||24 g|
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes:
Chunky Marinara with Pasta & Seared Chicken
Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
Caribbean Pink Beans
Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
Simple Persian Salad