About $2.17 per serving
Prep time: 20 minutes; cook time: 25 minutes
3 medium baking potatoes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub potatoes (you can peel the potatoes if you don’t like the skin) and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch strips. Arrange potatoes evenly in pan.
- In a cup, combine garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Barbeque Glazed Chicken
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup barbeque sauce (lowest sodium available)
1/2 cup no-sugar added orange marmalade or grape jam/jelly
- Trim visible fat from chicken and pat dry.
- Spray skillet or frying pan with cooking spray and turn to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, cook 4 minutes, flip chicken and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl mix barbeque sauce and marmalade/jam/jelly. Microwave covered at 60% power for 40 seconds. Use a spoon to spread sauce evenly over chicken tenders.
Serving tip- cut the chicken into bit-size pieces and serve on whole-wheat tortillas for tangy chicken tacos!
|Total Fat||3.0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat ||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Cholesterol ||73 mg|
|Protein ||28 g|
Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Orange Glazed turkey with Potatoes & Carrots
Recipe copyright © 2011 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.