|Heart-Check Meal Certification Program (Foodservice)|
The American Heart Association is making it easy to find better options when eating away from home with the Heart-Check mark certification for heart-healthy meals.
|Choosing a Restaurant |
Many restaurants offer delicious meals that are low in saturated fats, trans fats and cholesterol, or they'll prepare your food to order. Ensure that the meals you eat away from home are part of a healthy diet.
|Deciphering the Menu|
I spy … something healthy! Learn the meanings behind common words found on menus so you can order nutritious dishes.
|Ordering your Meal|
How you order your dish cooked can have as much of an impact on its nutritional value as the dish itself.
|Eating Fast Food|
Fast food can be heart-healthy if you know what to look for. Follow these tips to get healthier meals on the go.
|Tips by Cuisine|
You can eat out and eat healthy, too. Every culture has healthy alternatives to your high-fat favorites. Let our Tips by Cuisine help you decide.
- Suggested Servings from Each Food Group
- Dictionary of Nutrition
- The American Heart Association's Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Sodium (Salt or Sodium Chloride)
- Heart-Check Mark
- Nutrition Quizzes
- Nutrition Education Handouts and Resources
- Industry Nutrition Advisory Panel (INAP)
- INAP: Featured Members
- Grocery Shopping
- Reading Food Nutrition Labels
- Heart-Check Food Certification Program
- Grocery List Builder
- Que nuestro corazón sea su guía
- Heart-Check Mark Nutrition Requirements
- Simple Cooking with Heart Home Page
- Healthier Preparation Methods for Cooking
- Healthy Snacking
- Smart Substitutions
- Heart-Healthy Grilling and Barbecue Tips
- Delicious Decisions: Cookbooks and Recipes from American Heart Association
- Snacks and Appetizers
- Soups, Salads and Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Desserts and Sweets
- Heart-Check Meal Certification Program (Foodservice)
- Choosing a Restaurant
- Deciphering the Menu
- Ordering Your Meal
- Eating Fast Food
- Dining Out Tips by Cuisine