- P = Provide information about how you feel.
- A = Ask questions if you don't have enough information.
- C = Clarify what you hear.
- E = Express any concerns you may have.
Here's how to use the PACE sheet:
- A day or two before your doctor visit, answer the questions on the sheet. If you're not having problems or concerns, leave blank spaces on the form.
- Show the sheet to your doctor at the start of the visit. During the visit, use the sheet to remember what you wanted to discuss with your doctor.
1 Used with permission from Donald J. Cegala, Professor of Communication and Family Medicine, Ohio State University
This content was last reviewed January 2015.