Many people have questions for their healthcare professionals about tests, drug treatments, risk factors and lifestyle changes to help control blood pressure.
You can print this page or download a printable PDF. Add your own questions and take it to your next appointment.
About High Blood Pressure
- What do my blood pressure numbers mean?
- What should my blood pressure be?
- What are my options to control high blood pressure?
- How often should my blood pressure be checked?
- What about home blood pressure monitors?
- Should I use blood pressure machines at stores?
- How does exercise affect my blood pressure?
- What's my daily sodium (or salt) limit?
- Will I need to take blood pressure medicine?
About Drug Treatment
- What kind of medicine should I take?
- Is there sodium in the medicine I take?
- What should I know about the medicine?
- What are the side effects?
- How do I know if it's working?
- How can I remember when to take the medicine?
- What if I forget to take a medicine?
- Should I avoid any foods or other medicines?
- Can I drink alcohol?
- How long will I need to take my medicine?
Download this printable list of questions
Find additional printable patient information sheets and brochure information
This content was last reviewed on 04/04/2012.