Survival Skills Checklist
Use this checklist to help you navigate the days between hospital discharge and your follow up visit with your doctor.
What Is a Heart Attack?
Some heart attacks are sudden and intense. But most start slowly, with mild pain or discomfort. This information sheet provides answers to the following questions:
- What causes a heart attack?
- How can I recover?
- How can I avoid a heart attack?
This information sheet provides the answers to the following questions regarding recovering from a heart attack:
- Are my feelings normal?
- How will my family feel?
- What changes should I make?
- What about sex?
- When can I go back to work?
This information sheet discusses the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and answers the following questions:
- What should I do if I suspect a heart attack?
- What else can I do?
- Why don't people act fast enough?
- How can I help to avoid a heart attack?
Many sheets are available in Spanish.