AHA created the Heartsaver® Skills Evaluator™ role to meet the increasing demand of students who complete Part 1 of a Heartsaver eLearning course. Skills Evaluators evaluate first aid, CPR, and AED skills performed by students during a Heartsaver eLearning skills practice and testing session.
Heartsaver® Skills Evaluators™ help students learn and develop skills by:
• Observing the student during skills practice
• Providing appropriate feedback
• Coaching the student toward competency in skills performance
• Testing the student
• Providing remediation for students who may need additional help meeting the course objectives
• Answering questions
Individuals interested in becoming Heartsaver® Skills Evaluators™ should follow these steps:
• Align with an authorized American Heart Association Training Center (must be a Training Center that is approved to teach the Heartsaver Skills Evaluator Course).
• Obtain or be prepared to present a provider card in first aid, CPR, and AED.