Each year, thousands of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) fail to receive critical reperfusion therapy for their infarct artery in a timely fashion. Even worse, nearly 30 percent of patients with STEMI do not receive any reperfusion treatment.
Mission: Lifeline™ is the American Heart Association's national initiative to advance systems of care for STEMI patients. The initiative seeks to reduce mortality and morbidity and improve the overall quality of care for STEMI patients.
The ultimate goal of Mission: Lifeline™ is to save lives by closing the gaps that separate STEMI patients from timely access to the appropriate treatments.
What is STEMI?
STEMI is an abbreviation for ST-elevation myocardial infarction, a severe heart attack caused by a prolonged period of blocked blood supply that affects a large area of the heart. Almost 400,000 people suffer from a STEMI heart attack each year, which carries a substantial risk of death and disability.
How to claim your conference CME/CEU credits:
- Go to http://learn.heart.org and log in with your AHA username/password used to register for the conference
- Select My Courses on main menu
- The conference will be listed in your “My courses”, click on launch
- View the general information and conference program, complete the evaluation survey, then you will be able to click on the Claim CME/CE credit link
- Select the type of certificate you need from the drop-down choices (AMA for physician, ANCC for nurses, ACPE for pharmacist, CECBEMS for EMT/paramedic).
- Claim and print your certificate
- At this point, your course has moved to “My Transcript” and will remain there for future reference
*** If you are unable to locate the conference under My Courses, you may have multiple accounts. Please feel free to contact our Professional Services Specialist at (888) 242-2453 and they will be more than happy to assist.