Heart360 Get To Goal
Heart360® is an online tool of the American Heart Association / American Stroke Association which helps you track and manage your heart health and provides helpful advice and information. Just enter your health information like blood pressure in an easy-to-use tool, and your records will be safely and securely stored in Microsoft® HealthVault™.
About High Blood Pressure
Sometimes what you don’t know can kill you, but putting knowledge into action can save your life! And high blood pressure, often called the silent killer, is the kind of condition that greatly increases your risk of heart disease and stroke, especially when it goes unmanaged. Its impact is far reaching too, affecting about 70 million Americans and the rates of high blood pressure are significantly higher in Hispanics and Latinos.
Did you know?....
- Hispanics and Latinos face even higher risks of cardiovascular diseases because of high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes.
- Among Hispanics who experienced a stroke, 72% had high blood pressure, compared to 66% in non-Hispanic whites.
- 75% of Mexican-American men and 72% of women age 20 and older are overweight or obese.
- An estimated 30% of adult Hispanics have diabetes, but as many as half don't realize it.
- More about Hispanics and Heart Disease & Stroke
The Get To Goal Commitment
Get To Goal has been designed to help you get on track with blood pressure management. We will provide you a Volunteer Health Mentor to assist you with entering and tracking your bi-monthly blood pressure readings.
Follow these few, simple steps to participate in the Heart 360 Get To Goal program:
- Sign up for the American Heart Association’s Heart360 online tool: www.heart360.org/GetToGoal2013
- Enter and track your blood pressure readings bi-monthly and share those readings with your Volunteer Health Mentor
- Commit to monitoring your blood pressure and uploading at least two readings each month for a minimum of four consecutive months (January 2013- June 2013).
|Resources and Tools for Get To Goal Participants|
Hypertension Project Overview
|This overview of the Heart360 Get To Goal includes information about how the program is organized, objectives, volunteer responsibilities and measures of success.|
|Heart360® Quick Start Guide||Instructions on how to sign up for the online Heart360® tracking program.|
|Chicago Hispanic Heart360 Link||www.heart360.org/GetToGoal2013|
|Reproducible Information Sheets about High Blood Pressure|
|American Heart Association Staff |