Are you having a health fair? Due to limited resources, we are unable to send a staff representative to all events and cannot provide printed materials. We value your interest in and support of the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, so we have made the following standard materials available for download and distribution at your event.
- Answers by Heart – A series of downloadable patient information sheets, presented in a question-and-answer format that's brief, easy to follow and easy to read. Topics include; smoking, cholesterol, high blood pressure, diet and nutrition, physical activity and weight management, caregivers and more. Also available in multiple languages.
- Bookmarks (PDF) – Download and print this sheet on cardstock then cut to create four different bookmarks for all ages.
- Caregiver Resources – These resources will help you better care for someone who has heart disease or who has had a heart attack, heart surgery or a stroke.
- Fact Sheets & Statistics by Population – Download and print heart disease facts and statistics by specific populations.
- Research News – Find out how your dollars help fund life-saving research.
- Health Assessments & Quizzes – Set up a laptop and encourage Health Fair attendees to take one of our interactive quizzes to assess their own health.
- Heart & Stroke Infographics – Download one of these visual representations of information created to present complex data quickly and clearly .
- Learn Your Numbers wallet card (PDF) – Download and print this wallet card on cardstock to create a quick reference guide for your event attendees.
- Life's Simple 7 Bookmarks (PDF) – Download and print these bookmarks on cardstock, then cut to create a handy guide to Life's Simple 7.
- Life's Simple 7 One Sheet (PDF) – This quick reference sheet provides an overview of Life's Simple 7, along with other tools offered by the AHA.
- Wallet card (PDF) – Print 6 on a sheet, then cut out for a foldable wallet card.
- Be The Beat materials (Visit this youth-oriented CPR site and click on the "Cool Stuff" area. In the "Printables" section, you'll find posters, stickers, bookmarks, door hangers and more.)
- Find a CPR class, or train to be an instructor
- Heart-Check Mark Certification – Learn how the Heart-Check program works in the grocery store and when dining out.
- Quiz - Face the Fats
- Quiz - Test Your Sodium Smarts
Kids & Youth Materials:
- My Healthy Family Tree (PDF) – Activity for all ages to track medical history of your family.
- Healthy Challenge Scavenger Hunt (PDF) – This quick activity helps show people that they can get active in their own house.
- Nutrition Flash Cards (PDF) – Practice learning nutrition words while on the way to school, after dinner or anytime!
- What's That You're Drinking? – We all have our favorite drinks when we get thirsty. But did you know that just like eating healthy, we need to drink healthy drinks?
- Answers by Heart – This series of downloadable patient information sheets are presented in a question-and-answer format that's brief, easy to follow and easy to read.
- Go Red Por Tu Corazon – Resources and information about women's heart health.
- Educational Materials – Download resources and materials to help you educate patients and the community on stroke.
- Let's Talk About Stroke – A series of downloadable patient information sheets that presents information in a question-and-answer format that's brief, easy to follow and easy to read. Also provides room for you to write down questions to ask your doctor
If your organization needs a large quantity of resources, additional materials can be purchased from our patient education vendor, Krames. You may contact Krames at 800-333-3032 or visit their web site, where you can browse AHA’s patient education resources including brochures, recipe guides, bookmarks, magnets, posters, notepads and pamphlets on many heart-health topics. Krames also has the ability to create business or site-specific materials by branding the AHA materials with your organization’s logo. For more questions regarding this program, contact Brian Gray, Associations Sales and Services Director, 267.685.2510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Related Prizes or Gifts
Additional AHA-branded items such as cookbooks, T-shirts, greeting cards, water bottles and pedometers can be purchased at shopheart.org. Proceeds benefit the American Heart Association.