DON’T DRIVE YOURSELF
For heart attack symptoms, call 911. And live.
AN AMBULANCE IS MORE THAN JUST A RIDE TO THE HOSPITAL
With a heart attack, every second counts. Calling 911 starts your care sooner, which could save your life.
|ARRIVING BY AMBULANCE:|
ARRIVING BY CAR:
- EMTs start your care as soon as they arrive
- EMTs gather and send symptoms and vital signs to the hospital
- EMTs perform an EKG and transmit to the hospital to prepare medical team for your arrival
- EMTs administer oxygen and medications
- EMTs are able to shock your heart and provide other treatments if conditions worsen
- The admissions process is expedited for immediate care upon arrival
- Delays immediacy of care because hospital staff must first assess your condition
- Delays registrations and admissions due to no advanced notice
- Increases heart muscle damage – saving time saves muscle
- Puts you at greater risk since no one is able treat you if conditions worsen
- Puts other drivers in danger should conditions become worse while driving
Get the treatment you need in the shortest amount of time. Call 911. And live.