We Want You! Join the You’re the Cure Network
Our advocacy volunteers and staff work with lawmakers year-round to change public policies that affect the cardiovascular health of Wisconsin residents. Join You're The Cure now.
2013 Wisconsin Public Policy Agenda
The American Heart Association / American Stroke Association supports and advocates for public policies that will help improve the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20 percent while reducing deaths by coronary heart disease and stroke by 20 percent by 2020.
- Health Care Access, Cost and Quality – Ensure all newborns are screened for critical congenital heart defects (CCHD) prior to hospital discharge.
- Acute Cardiovascular Care – Strengthen Wisconsin’s 911 system, including dispatch agencies and first responders.
Includes creating training standards for dispatch personnel and ensuring EMS has the equipment it needs to respond to cardiac and stroke emergencies. Also includes eliminating geographic disparities in EMS care and ensuring a stable funding source for both EMS and dispatch agencies.
- Obesity Prevention – Create incentives for businesses that create and expand comprehensive worksite wellness programs for their employees.
- Obesity Prevention – Promote efforts within the community and workplaces that will lead to increased opportunities for healthy eating.
- Tobacco Control – Support tobacco control prevention and cessation programs,
including sustainable funding for the program
Learn more about your state elected officials and where they stand on important issues! Visit the Web site of your State Representative or State Senator.
Don’t know who your representatives are? Find out
For more information about advocacy in Wisconsin, please contact:
|Nicole Hudzinski |
Government Relations Director (Health Systems issues)
Phone: (608) 221-8866
Regional Grassroots Advocacy Director (MI and WI)
Phone: (517) 349-3102
American Heart Association
2850 Dairy Dr., Ste. 300
Madison, WI 53718
Fax: (608) 221-9233