701 1st N Avenue
Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55403
Link to Map
When:Starts:Sat, 28 Jun 2014 8:00:00 PM
Ends:Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:00:00 PM
The 3rd annual “Benefit 2 Celebrate Life! Bobby Z & Friends” will return to the stage at First Avenue, in Minneapolis, on Saturday, June 28, 2014, at 8 p.m.
Tickets to the 18+ show are on sale now through First Avenue.
From rap to R&B, Gospel to rock – an eclectic group of Minneapolis musicians spanning three decades will come together to play the iconic soundtrack to Purple Rain in its birthplace.
Musicians will include:
- Minneapolis rapper Slug (aka Sean Daley), half of the hip hop group Atmosphere
- Apollonia Kotero, Purple Rain actress, will host the VIP Reception, in her return to First Avenue for the first time since the film was released 30 years ago
- Dr. Fink, keyboardist from The Revolution
- Eric Leeds, sax player
- “St. Paul” Peterson, singer
- Sounds of Blackness, Minneapolis’s GRAMMY-winning ensemble
- Paris Bennett, former American Idol runner up
This uniquely Minnesota event is the third installment of the evolving annual “Benefit 2 Celebrate Life! Bobby Z & Friends” concert series.
Bobby Z (aka Robert Rivkin), the former drummer for Prince & The Revolution and Purple Rain-fame, and his organization, My Purple Heart, have partnered with the American Heart Association to host the annual event to raise funds and awareness since Bobby survived a near-fatal heart attack four years ago.
- General Admission - $50
- VIP - $100 (includes: early admission to VIP Reception with hostess Apollonia, photo opps, VIP Laminate)
- Purchase tickets: Online at First Avenue.