Open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace ends March 31st, 2014. If you don’t have coverage by then, you may have to pay a penalty and you won’t be able to enroll in a plan until the next open enrollment period, which begins November 15th (see exceptions below).Enrollment Year Round-
Special Enrollment Opportunities
- You can enroll in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) (if eligible) at any time. There is no open enrollment period for these programs.
- If you own or operate a small business, you can start offering coverage to your employees at any time.
- You may buy insurance outside open enrollment if you qualify for a special enrollment period due to a qualifying life event, such as:
The Health Insurance Marketplace provides a single location where individuals without insurance and small businesses can shop for private insurance that meets their needs and budget. Learn more and enroll by March 31st-
- Birth or adoption
- Job loss
View full infographic-
- Online: www.healthcare.gov
- Toll-free: 1-800-318-2596
- In-person: Check local listings