- Nearly 1 in 6 women (19%) were uninsured in 2012.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace guarantees that women can obtain insurance if they lose coverage through their spouse or another source.
- More than 4 million women gained coverage in 2014.
Helping women stay healthy- All Health Insurance Marketplace plans and many other plans must now cover a number of preventive services without charging you a copayment or deductible. Many of these services are important to helping women maintain and improve their cardiovascular health, including:
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Diet counseling
- Helping to quite smoking
- Well-women visits
- Plus many more…
Fair Coverage for All Women-
- Gender Equality: Women no longer charged higher premiums than men
- Pre-existing Conditions: Plans cannot exclude women with pre-existing conditions
Get Covered, Stay Covered
The Health Insurance Marketplace provides a single location where individuals without insurance and small businesses can shop for private insurance that meets their needs and budget. Financial help is available. Learn more and enroll between November 15th and February 15th!
View full infographic