- 58% of women (AGES 18-64) currently have health insurance provided through an employer.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace guarantees that women can obtain insurance if they lose coverage through their spouse or another source.
- More than 1 million women have enrolled in private coverage since October 1st.
Helping women maintain their health- All Health Insurance Marketplace plans and many other plans must now cover a number of preventive services without charging you a copayment or coinsurance, even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible. Many of these services are critical to helping women maintain and improve their cardiovascular health, including:
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Diet counseling
- Tobacco use screening
- Well-women visits
- Plus many more…
Fair Coverage for All Women-
- Gender Equality: Men and women must be charged the same premiums
- Pre-existing Conditions: Plans cannot exclude women with pre-existing conditions
The Health Insurance Marketplace provides a single location where individuals without insurance and small businesses can shop for private insurance that meets their needs and budget. Learn more and enroll by March 31st-
In-person: Check local listings
View full infographic