Pain, Hypertension, and CVD Management Toolkit
The American Heart Association® (AHA) is leading an initiative to educate professionals on how high blood pressure (BP) and other special conditions impact cardiovascular disease risk including medication management with over-the-counter pain relief.
Supporting Guidelines and AHA Scientific Statements
- 2017 ACC/AHA Hypertension Clinical Practice Guidelines
- 2019 AHA/ACC Clinical Performance and Quality Measures for Adults With High Blood Pressure
- 2021 Guideline-Driven Management of Hypertension
- Use of Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs
BP Clinical Resources
- AHA High Blood Pressure Toolkit
- AHA High Blood Pressure Toolkit for Pharmacists
- How to Accurately Measure Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure Treatment Algorithm
The resources in this toolkit have been created and assembled by the AHA, its volunteer medical professionals from across the country, and the hospitals participating in this initiative.
The materials are for educational purposes only. The content provided in this toolkit does not constitute an endorsement or instruction by the American Heart Association or the American Stroke Association.
Recordings from the Pain and Hypertension Management Summit - April 21, 2022