This strategy includes both process and outcome evaluation, and each sector may have different factors to consider when evaluating efforts. The Million Hearts® Collaboration CCL Toolkit resources will help address challenges in data collection and working with unique sets of stakeholders.
- Community Health Worker Toolkit (WEBSITE) - Toolkit that compiles evidence-based research supporting the effectiveness of CHWs, information that state health departments can use to train and build capacity for CHWs in their communities, and resources that CHWs can use within their communities.
- Evaluating Community Clinical Engagement to Address Childhood Obesity (PDF) - This brief from the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research is a summary of a workshop entitled "Evaluating Clinical-Community Engagement Models: What Works and What Doesn’t." It includes examples of partnerships and engagement between communities and clinical settings, an evaluation of those efforts, and recommendations to promote evaluation strategies and metrics for these engagement models.
- Clinical-Community Relationships Evaluation Roadmap (WEBSITE) - This roadmap from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality addresses clinical-community relationships for selected clinical preventive services and is applicable to those interested in effective relationships and coordination between clinics and community organizations, such as schools or providers of social services.
- Clinical-Community Relationships Measures Atlas (PDF) - The Clinical-Community Relationships Measures (CCRM) Atlas is designed to provide users with a measurement framework and listing of existing measures for clinical-community relationships; intended to help facilitate research, quality improvement projects, and other interventions investigating clinical-community relationships that have been formed for the purposes of improving the delivery of clinical preventive services; and intended to be used by researchers studying clinical-community relationships as well as evaluators of these relationships.
- Building Relationships Between Clinical Practices and the Community to Improve Care (WEBSITE) - A comprehensive AHRQ website with links to Clinical-Community Relationships Measures (CCRM) evaluation resources and quality tools.
- What Is Health Equity (PDF) - This RWJF report defines health equity and identifies crucial elements to guide effective action to reduce disparities in health status.
- CDC Framework for Program Evaluation (WEBSITE) - Guides public health professionals in their use of program evaluation. It is a practical, nonprescriptive tool, designed to summarize and organize essential elements of program evaluation.