All information reported on this site pertains to the Mission: Lifeline® program.
To support participation in Mission: Lifeline and cardiovascular quality improvement, the American Heart Association is pleased to once again, offer Get with the Guidelines-CAD (GWTG-CAD). GWTG-CAD was the American Heart Association's premier AMI registry from 2005-2010. Effective April 7, 2017, GWTG-CAD is once again live and available as a tool to track AMI process data. GWTG-CAD is now the primary data source for Mission: Lifeline program data. New and existing participants in the Mission: Lifeline program will enroll directly with AHA.
Similar to our other Get With The Guidelines program, GWTG-CAD will be supported by QuintilesIMS. Together, the AHA and QuintilesIMS offer unmatched customer service and quality improvement and systems of care implementation expertise. GWTG-CAD will use the features and functions you love from the Patient Management Tool, including timely access to Mission: Lifeline process data, reports (hospital level and regional level), and progress toward Mission: Lifeline Recognition.
Benefits of participating in GWTG-CAD include:
- Streamlined data collection to support Mission: Lifeline system reports and AHA Recognition
- Flexible patient populations with the ability to enter STEMI only or NSTEM and ACS populations
- National and local recognition for award winning hospitals
- One on one STEMI Systems of Care consultative services by seasoned AHA Quality Systems professionals
- Clinical tools, resources, and best practice sharing
- Patient education resources
- Robust real-time reporting, including system of care and quality measures
- Future iterations to include additional elements and reports to support full CAD improvement efforts
- FREE for participants in 2017
- For current GWTG participants, use of the familiar Quintiles platform
- CSV Uploader functionality will be available in June, further reducing the data entry burden