American Heart Associations’ Top Ten Advances in Cardiovascular Research in 2011 Spotlights Two Get With The Guideline Publications
The first publication shows the benefits if improving door to need time in stroke centers. In Timeliness of Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activator Therapy in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Patient Characteristics, Hospital Factors, and Outcomes Associated With Door-to-Needle Times Within 60 Minutes, researchers found that more timely administration of tPA in acute ischemic stroke patients resulted in improved outcomes for patients including increased survival. This study showed that through GWTG-Stroke quality improvement program, could result in more timely administration of tPA (Fonarow GC et al; Circulation. 2011 Feb 22;123(7):750-8).
The second publication shows the importance of rapid treatment of ST-elevation heart attacks and outcomes. In Association of Door-In to Door-Out Time With Reperfusion Delays and Outcomes Among Patients Transferred for Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention researchers found that a door-in-door-out time of 30 minutes or less was observed in only a small proportion of patients transferred for primary PCI but was associated with shorter reperfusion delays and lower in-hospital mortality (Wang, TA et al. JAMA. 2011 Jun 22;305(24):2540-7).
Congratulations to all GWTG authors involved in these two important publications!
save the date for Scientific Sessions 2012
AHA's Emerging Science Series
Announcing Stroke for the iPad
- Get With The Guidelines®-HF Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Patient Management Tool
- Target: HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Patient Management Tool
- Target: Stroke
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Overview
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Patient Management Tool
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Join Us!
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Clinical Tools
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Research
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Professional Education
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation