Comprehensive Stroke Center Network: Who we are:
A member-only network offered exclusively for all certified Comprehensive Stroke Centers (CSC)
certified by American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission.
WEIGH IN ON THE CSC NATIONAL STROKE AGENDA – YOU HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO RANK THE KEY PRIORITIES NOW
At the most recent Comprehensive Stroke Center National Forum Webinar, CSC hospitals identified key priorities that will be the cornerstone of the National Stroke Agenda set forth by this group. As a group you established the following key priorities and now we need you to rank them in order of priority level. Click here to rank each priority using this survey tool.
Comprehensive Stroke Center National Forum National Stroke Agenda Priorities:
We are in the process of developing an online discussion forum for CSC hospitals, this will be the perfect opportunity to share ideas and be a part of the dialogue with other Comprehensive Stroke Centers. The online discussion group will be for all Comprehensive Stroke Centers certified by American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission. Look out for more information on how to join in on the conversation now, coming to your inbox very soon.
A paper highlighting the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s stance on the important elements of the Stroke Systems of Care have emerged given new care paradigms and new technologies. This informative paper can be found here
Higashida R, Alberts MJ, Alexander DN, Crocco TJ, Demaerschalk BM, Derdeyn CP, Goldstein LB, Jauch EC, Mayer SA, MeltzerNM, Peterson ED, Rosenwasser RH, Saver JL, Schwamm L, Summers D, Wechsler L, Wood JP; on behalf of the American Heart Association Advocacy Coordinating Committee. Interactions within stroke systems of care: a policy statement from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2013: published online before print August 29, 2013, 10.1161/STR.0b013e3182a6d2b2
COMPREHENSIVE STROKE CENTER NATIONAL FORUM RECORDING AVAILABLE
The 2nd Quarterly Comprehensive Stroke National Forum Webinar was held on September 25, 2013. Thank you all who attended, please click here to view a recording of the webinar. Mark your calendars, the next webinar is on December 4, 2013 11:30am-1pm CDT, registration details to follow.
It’s that time of year to raise awareness about stroke warning signs. Stroke is the No. 2 cause of death worldwide and the No.4 Cause of death in the US.1-3 As we band together to end stroke let us help spread awareness in our communities. For tools and resources on to help you recognize World Stroke Day click here.
1. World Health Organization. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence and most common causes of disability among adults–United States, 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58:421– 426.
3. Chiuve, Stephanie E. et al. Primary Prevention of Stroke by Healthy Lifestyle. Circulation. 2008; 118:947-954.
Help your patients and community prevent, beat and treat stroke with the newly renovated Stroke Web Resource Center. Download free patient education handouts, customizable F.A.S.T. campaign materials and community slide decks. To find these great resources, go to StrokeAssociation.org/resources.
Comprehensive Stroke Centers are among the group of hospitals with exclusive access to free customizable patient education materials on the Stroke Web Resource Center. Want to customize the Stroke Web Resource Center tools with your hospital’s logo/branding? Go to ASA’s Custom Resource Site to add your logo/branding to the free resources today!
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION/AMERICAN STROKE ASSOCIATION QUICK LINKS:
Contact us: email@example.com Edna Kavuma Prg Mgr 214-706-1994 7272 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX, 75231
- Get With The Guidelines®-HF Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Patient Management Tool
- Target: HF
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Overview
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke
- Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Patient Management Tool
- Target: Stroke
Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Overview
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Patient Management Tool
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Join Us!
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Clinical Tools
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Research
- Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation Professional Education
- Recognition from Get With The Guidelines®-Resuscitation