Mini Meatloaves with Low-Fat Creamed Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey breast, corn, carrots or winter squash, egg, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley or Italian spice blend and oats or multigrain cereal and and stir together.
- Coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray (or use two 6-cup muffin pans). Divide meat evenly between each cup. Cook mini meatloaves in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, dry mustard, water, vinegar and honey. Remove meatloaves from oven and use a spoon to top each mini meatloaf with glaze. Return to oven and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen the meatloaves.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add spinach, garlic, and cream cheese.
- Stir and cook until the water from the spinach has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Stir in yogurt and cook until warm, about 1 more minute.
Cooking Tips: If using frozen vegetables in the meatloaf, make sure they are thoroughly thawed and drained and rinsed of their water. If not, all the water makes the meatloaf soggy.
Tips: Using a muffin tin helps with portion control and speeds up the cooking time. Leftover meatloaf makes great sandwiches for lunch the next day.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 63 mg
- 312 mg
- 35 g
- 8 g
- 10 g
- 33 g
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.