Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
- Combine garlic powder, thyme, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well. Rub spice mixture over pork.
- Pour beef stock in slow cooker, gently add pork and white onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Use whole-wheat sandwich buns, corn tortillas (made without any type of hydrogenated fat or tropical oils, such as palm or coconut oil), or whole wheat pitas to make sandwiches or tacos – add pork and top with mango sauce.
- Dress to taste with sliced lettuce, cabbage, tomato, etc.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
- Crockpot Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Caribbean Pink Beans
- Chicken Paella
- Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
- Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Simple Persian Salad
- Zucchini Salad
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 3.0 g
- 53 mg
- 252 mg
- 529 mg
- 32 g
- 4 g
- 13.5 g
- Added Sugars
- 3 g
- 24 g
- 34 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.