Grab-and-Go Breakfast Pitas - Delicious Decisions
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, warm the pitas slightly, about 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to a plate and cover with another plate to keep warm.
- Pour the oil in the skillet, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the green onions for about 2 minutes, or until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the sausage crumbles. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until just heated through.
- Pour in the egg substitute. Reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until set, stirring often.
- Cut the pitas in half. Spoon the egg mixture into each. Drizzle with the salsa.
Serving size 1 stuffed pita half
Nutrition Tip: Soybeans provide easily digested high-quality protein and essential amino acids. Meat-free soy-based products that replace sausage, bacon, and burgers offer all the taste without the fat.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 0 mg
- 425 mg
- 20 g
- 3 g
- 2 g
- 12 g
1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 very lean meat
This recipe is reprinted with permission from American Heart Association Healthy Family Meals, Copyright © 2009 by the American Heart Association. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House, Inc. Available from booksellers everywhere.