Fish Sticks with Tartar Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine tartar sauce ingredients, mix well, cover and chill.
- In a food processor, place breadcrumbs, almonds, garlic powder and cayenne. Pulse mixture until almonds and breadcrumbs are the same size (small, fine crumbs).
- To prepare batter for fish, you will need three separate, shallow bowls. In the first, combine flour and pepper. In the second, quickly whisk together eggs and lime juice until little foamy bubbles begin to form. In the third bowl, carefully pour the prepared almond and breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat a baking sheet by placing in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Carefully place each strip of fish into each bowl starting with flour, then egg mixture and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure each fish strip is covered completely and excess batter is shaken off.
- Coat preheated baking sheet well with cooking spray and place fish sticks in a single layer on pan.
- Cook for 8 minutes, carefully flip each fish stick over and continue cooking for 7 minutes. Serve with tartar sauce for dipping.
Get the Kids Involved: Making the tartar sauce and battering the fish sticks are safe and fun steps to involve kids in this recipe. Make sure the kids wash their hands after battering the fish sticks!
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 3.5 g
- 100 mg
- 176 mg
- 21 g
- 3 g
- 4 g
- 30 g
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
This recipe is a healthy twist on a kid favorite! It is a simple ye...
Travel to the islands with this recipe. Kids can help make them and...
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
Your kids are sure to love this classic, American, kid-friendly ent...
This American recipe not only tastes as good as the original but is...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Fiber-rich whole grains contain all three parts of the natural grai...
Simple Cooking with Heart gives you these tips on slicing potatoes ...
Broiling is cooking food directly under the heat source – thi...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...