Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Microwave Steamed Squash
Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Trim visible fat from chicken (optional ? pound to even thickness)
- Place chicken breast halves in baking dish, spoon half of the dressing evenly over the chicken. Flip chicken with a fork and spread remaining dressing evenly over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Wash squash and tomato, remove ends of squash with a knife. Slice squash in ¼ inch thick slices. Dice tomato.
- Add water to a microwave-safe covered dish. Add squash and tomato and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Microwave covered on high 5-7 minutes until vegetables reach desired softness.
TIP: Allow the chicken to stand at least 10 minutes before you slice it so the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 73 mg
- 403 mg
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 5 g
- 26 g
2 vegetable, 3 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Here's a tangy twist on a traditional chicken dish. This barbecue g...
This is a popular dish from India of roasted chicken seasoned with ...
This vinegar and oil salad dressing is so easy to make and is the p...
Try this special dish featuring the spices of Morocco!
Satisfy your craving for something crunchy with this baked chicken ...
Eat over a piece of whole wheat toast or with a plate of mixed greens.
Cutting squash is easy - and here is how we do it at Simple Cooking...
Learn how to trim chicken (remove excess fat) like a chef in this v...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...
Learn how to chop or mince garlic with these quick tips in this vid...
Learn how to dice tomatoes in this video from American Heart Associ...