Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts with Microwave Steamed Squash
Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Trim visible fat from chicken (optional ? pound to even thickness)
- Place chicken breast halves in baking dish, spoon half of the dressing evenly over the chicken. Flip chicken with a fork and spread remaining dressing evenly over the chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Wash squash and tomato, remove ends of squash with a knife. Slice squash in ¼ inch thick slices. Dice tomato.
- Add water to a microwave-safe covered dish. Add squash and tomato and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Microwave covered on high 5-7 minutes until vegetables reach desired softness.
TIP: Allow the chicken to stand at least 10 minutes before you slice it so the juices redistribute throughout the meat.
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 73 mg
- 403 mg
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 5 g
- 26 g
2 vegetable, 3 lean meatPrice Per Serving
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.