Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- Combine the orange, orange juice, chicken stock, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, garlic, the 2 medium onions, Italian seasoning, bell pepper and water in crock-pot.
- Add chicken and submerge under mixture. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken, tomatoes, onions and pepper from crockpot using a slotted spoon and discard cooking liquid.
- When cool enough to touch, shred meat by hand or with two forks. Set aside until assembly.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, cucumbers and red onion; set aside.
- Combine jalapeno (optional), 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, sugar substitute, salt, peppercorns, coriander and bay leaf in small saucepot and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over vegetables. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 oz. (1/2 cup) chicken, approx. ¼ cup pickled vegetables, 2 tsp. sour cream, cabbage and cilantro leaves for garnish
Cook Once, Eat Twice: Keep the leftover shredded chicken to make a next-day salad with fresh vegetables or in tortilla soup.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 76 mg
- 323 mg
- 36 g
- 5 g
- 10 g
- Added Sugars
- 0 g
- 29 g
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.