Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- Combine the orange, orange juice, chicken stock, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, garlic, the 2 medium onions, Italian seasoning, bell pepper and water in crock-pot.
- Add chicken and submerge under mixture. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken, tomatoes, onions and pepper from crockpot using a slotted spoon and discard cooking liquid.
- When cool enough to touch, shred meat by hand or with two forks. Set aside until assembly.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, cucumbers and red onion; set aside.
- Combine jalapeno (optional), 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, sugar substitute, salt, peppercorns, coriander and bay leaf in small saucepot and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over vegetables. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 oz. (1/2 cup) chicken, approx. ¼ cup pickled vegetables, 2 tsp. sour cream, cabbage and cilantro leaves for garnish
Cook Once, Eat Twice: Keep the leftover shredded chicken to make a next-day salad with fresh vegetables or in tortilla soup.
Search for the ingredient below and use the remaining amount in those recipes!
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- 76 mg
- 323 mg
- 36 g
- 5 g
- 10 g
- 29 g
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Here is a healthy version of a Tex Mex favorite -- fajitas!
This is a fantastic American/Southern barbecue beef recipe tha...
Here is a great American dish to make on a game day, a weekend or w...
Here is a kid-friendly Mexican dinner recipe the kids will love to ...
This American barbecue meat is delicious, heart healthy, and versat...
Check out this great Southwestern slow cooker recipe that your...
This is a delicious Tex-Mex dinner that the whole family will love!
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this video teaching you how to bel...
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to chop cabbage into ...
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you how to make own chicken broth.&...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...