- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, add chicken and cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add oil, bell peppers and onions to skillet ? stir well and cook 5 minutes until onions begin to become translucent.
- Add tomatoes, peas, garlic, parsley and saffron or Turmeric. Stir and cook 2 minutes more.
- Reduce to medium low-heat, add broth and chicken, stir well and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add rice, mix well and heat until warmed through.
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
- Allspice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cinnamon Apples
- Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
- Crockpot Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Strips with Microwave Green Beans
- Meatloaf with Black-Eyed Peas
- Caribbean Pink Beans
- Chicken Paella
- Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges
- Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
- Jerk Pork Sandwiches with Mango Sauce
- Salmon Bake with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
- Creamy Spinach Feta Dip
- Simple Persian Salad
- Zucchini Salad
- Nutritional Analysis
- Per serving
- Calories Per Serving
- Total Fat
- 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.0 g
- Trans Fat
- 0.0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 2.5 g
- 48 mg
- 113 mg
- 628 mg
- 57 g
- 7 g
- 24 g
- 43 mg
Recipe copyright © 2015 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association's Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.
Satisfy your craving for something crunchy with this baked chicken ...
This is a great recipe to ease you into the kitchen, or a reliable ...
This is a popular dish from India of roasted chicken seasoned with ...
This recipe is a healthy twist on a kid favorite! It is a simple ye...
Try this special dish featuring the spices of Morocco!
This easy-to-bake fish recipe features just a few ingredients, shor...
This is an easy, no-cook, one-dish American dinner that you can whi...
This Indian/Thai seven-ingredient chicken dish is filled with delic...
Here is a Louisiana style dinner that's lightened up so it's heart ...
Simple Cooking with Heart offers this video teaching you how to bel...
A quick and easy way to chop an onion.
Simple Cooking with Heart shows you to trim chicken (remove ex...
Fiber-rich whole grains contain all three parts of the natural grai...
Cutting squash is easy - and here is how we do it at Simple Cooking...
Discover a world of flavor that exists outside the salt shaker. Fre...
Learn how to cut a whole chicken into 8 pieces.
Simple Cooking with Heart helps you learn how to prepare collard gr...
With grocery prices at an all-time high, one of the easiest ways to...