About $1.79 per serving
1.5 to 1.75 pound boneless turkey breast roast, skin and fat removed
2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs (mix a combination of any/all – rosemary, basil, parsley, tarragon, chives, thyme, sage)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons no-sugar added orange marmalade
1 pound potatoes scrubbed and cut in to 1-inch cubes (can use any type of potatoes)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in to 1 inch sections
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Place turkey in the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (herbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder). Rub half of mixture over the turkey.
- Spread marmalade over turkey.
- Stir potatoes, carrots and oil in to remaining herb mixture. Place vegetables in dish around the turkey. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat ||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Asian Marinated Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Chicken Pot Pie
Crockpot Pulled Orange Chicken Tacos with Pickled Vegetables
Mom’s Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash and Asparagus
Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
Simple Chicken or Shrimp Stir Fry
Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
BBQ Glazed Chicken & Oven Fries
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart ® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.