About $1.79 per serving
1.5 to 1.75 pound boneless turkey breast roast, skin and fat removed
2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs (mix a combination of any/all – rosemary, basil, parsley, tarragon, chives, thyme, sage)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons no-sugar added orange marmalade
1 pound potatoes scrubbed and cut in to 1-inch cubes (can use any type of potatoes)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in to 1 inch sections
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Place turkey in the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (herbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder). Rub half of mixture over the turkey.
- Spread marmalade over turkey.
- Stir potatoes, carrots and oil in to remaining herb mixture. Place vegetables in dish around the turkey. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat ||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.0 g|
Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat
Leftover ingredients? Use them in these recipes!
Lemon Chicken and Cinnamon Glazed Root Vegetables
Simple Chicken or Shrimp Stir Fry
Slow Cooker Sauerbraten
BBQ Glazed Chicken & Oven Fries
Recipe copyright © 2011 American Heart Association. This recipe is brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit heart.org/simplecooking.